Do you want to gain practical hands on skills alongside academic studies?
Are you looking for a well-defined career path with continuous training and development?
Our Leadership, Education and Development (LEAD) higher apprenticeship programme is designed to attract and develop future supervisors and managers into construction. We are looking for an enthusiastic Construction Apprentice who is post A Level and keen to learn and develop supervisory skills in a hands-on environment.
During the Leadership, Education and Development (LEAD) Programme you will:
- Have real responsibilities from early on in your career and the opportunity to learn something new every day.
- Support managers to run the site effectively, whilst developing your skills in an extremely varied environment of a quarry or asphalt plant.
- Gain experience in all activities from drilling and blasting and driving mobile plant to ensuring the site is compliant with critical health and safety procedures.
- ‘Earn while you learn’ by completing a foundation degree in mineral extractives, this can also be topped up to a full honours degree (fully funded by Hanson)
- Be paid a competitive salary of £18,720 per annum which equates to £9.60 an hour or £1560 per month (before deductions) alongside a comprehensive benefits package
Hanson produces aggregates (crushed rock, sand and gravel), ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, cement and cement-related materials from over 300 UK production sites. We are part of the HeidelbergCement Group and employ over 3,600 people.
To be successful during the Leadership, Education and Development (LEAD) Programme the Construction Apprentice will have the following skills and experience:
- 5 GCSEs at grade C/ Level 4 or above, including Maths, English and Science
- 2 A-C A Levels or equivalent to UCAS 160 points previously or 64 UCAS points in the current format (including BTECs)
- Full UK driving licence (or at least have this in place by August 2019).
- Must be willing and able to relocate at any stage during and after the programme to benefit from the opportunities on offer.
We can offer you clear career pathways, with access to multiple opportunities across our business, so if this sounds like the right opportunity for you then please submit your CV