Job Title: Project Manager Graduate Development Programme (GDP)
Role Type: Permanent
Start Date: August/September 2023 (there may be an opportunity to start earlier depending on role requirements)
Salary: £29,500 + £3,000 joining bonus + twice yearly pay reviews in 1st 2 years while completing the Graduate Development Programme.
Location(s): Harlow or Glenrothes
Travel: Graduates will be invited to UK events for GDP and there may be travel for the role as required by the business
Security Clearance Required: Successful applicants will be required to complete an SC security clearance application
Summary of Role:
Programme Management Excellence (PMX) are looking for dynamic and high performing Graduates to join their highly successful team of over 100 programme delivery professionals located at various sites across the UK.
What can the Graduate Development Programme (GDP) offer you?
Our GDP is a highly rewarding and well-structured 2-year development programme that has been developed with one of the UK’s leading training providers. We work in collaboration with an external supplier, HR and functional experts to deliver a range of training from improving business skills e.g. managing projects, business strategy, company presentation skills etc to team building activities, attending events and developing professional networking skills to allow you to reach your full potential.
You will join your fellow GDP colleagues to attend development modules where you will work as a team to develop your Project Management & Leadership skills and build a network of relationships across the business.
As a Gradate Project Manager you will be engaged from day one in performing a “real” job, working within our experienced project delivery teams balancing the demands of time, cost and scope. Your role will require a flexible and an adaptable approach to fast – paced challenges, interfacing with various project support disciplines and communicating with our Customers and Senior Leadership. You will be expected to solve real life problems and contribute directly to the successful achievement of business goals.
What Career Development opportunities do PMX offer?
PMX has a Programme Leadership Certification programme to support continuous personal development and career progression. Each level of certification has specific training identified to support your growth and continued career development route as you progress into fully certified Raytheon Project Managers. PMX sponsor the completion of the external standards exams provided by the APM and funds APM membership. As you grow in capability and experience you can except merit based promotion and the opportunity to take on more challenging roles.
What our previous Graduates say!
One year post GDP
“The great thing about being a Graduate Project Manager is that no two days are the same & you get a real satisfaction of seeing a project through its life-cycle. One day you could be with the team briefing Senior Leadership about new business we are trying to win & the next you could be collaborating face to face with your Customer to ensure we are delivering their requirements to exceptional standards.
As a PM you are continuously working with different colleagues within the multi-functional teams across Raytheon and pulling on their expertise & experiences. I've been given real responsibility with an appropriate amount of support from my seniors, which resulted real satisfaction of adding value to the day-to-day life of the company.
I really appreciated the opportunities I had while on Raytheon's GDP. Moving around the business I was able to experience first-hand the diversity and impact of our game changing technologies, this has resulted in a greater understanding across the different parts of the business and bringing best practices with it.”
Five years post GDP
“I joined the Raytheon GDP following my Masters in 2015 in Cyber and Intelligence. Throughout my time on the GDP I learned how to report on and manage project finances, how to engage with different stakeholder communities, think strategically and adapt quickly to new and daily challenges. I finished the graduate scheme in 2017 and now I’m the Project Manager for a portfolio of 12 projects.
I enjoy being a Project Manager as its challenging, fast paced and every day is different. I get to work with a variety of people, and I enjoy the responsibility and the accountability that comes with the day to day running of a project. I quickly learned that to be a successful Project Manager you had to develop good relationships with colleagues and stakeholders based on mutual trust and respect, be proactive & always embrace new challenges & opportunities whatever they may be.
Working as a Project Manager at Raytheon has been incredibly rewarding & I’m looking forward to developing in my role & finding new ways to improve”.
- Minimum 2:2 undergraduate degree (Project Management, Business Management, STEM subject preferred or any degree level qualification with a focus on Project Management & Leadership)
- 120 UCAS points or equivalent (pre university qualifications)
- Able to achieve SC clearance for this role.
- Flexibility on location & ability to travel to our UK facilities & overseas
- Excellent STEM skills demonstrated through academic achievement
- Overwhelming desire to succeed in a fast-paced technical environment
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills to develop effective relationships
- Attach a full CV submitted on-line on our careers website with degree grade predicted or achieved listed. Include degree studied, modules studied, work placements and work experience on the CV including dates and locations. Please ensure your application includes full name, address, email address and telephone number as successful candidates will be contacted to discuss their application and next steps. Candidates will also receive updates on their application by email.
- A cover letter which explains why you have applied specifically for this role and why you would like to join our Graduate Development Programme. Please highlight any relevant skills, experience, work experience, work placements and extra-curricular activities that are relevant to your application.
- Attach a scanned copy of most recent university transcript or degree certificate as applicable under “Attachments” on your on-line application.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites together with remote working practices. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. It’s 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 27 days) + statutory public holidays.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’.
- Flexible Benefits scheme.
- Discretionary Bonus scheme.
- Enhanced family friendly policies.
- 37hr standard working week, with an early finish on Fridays whilst operating a ‘Hybrid Working Model’*
- Canteen facilities are available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites. Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
* Our Hybrid Working Model supports flexible working arrangements on a formal or informal arrangement, considering both location and/or working hours, subject to business and customer needs. Please highlight any flexible requirements to our Recruitment team to explore the opportunities.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
At Raytheon UK, we’re committed to be building a workforce that represents the true diversity of Britain where all of our colleagues feel enabled to deliver the best work of their lives. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer who selects the very best candidates for the job. We truly value the diversity of our workforce work hard to create an inclusive environment where our colleagues can bring the unique skills, experiences and ideas to the table to help us grow our business, create innovative solutions and develop our people.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) act as the eyes and ears into the community they represent and support us in building a truly inclusive business. Our ERGs are open to all colleagues, regardless of background, and include: Raytheon Women’s Network, RayPride, Young Employees Success Network, Raytheon Veterans Network, Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities and RayBAME.
We’re also delighted to have been recognised as a Gold Award Employer as part of the HM’s Armed Forces Covenant and the Human Rights Campaign’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index as a ‘best place to work for LGBTQ Equality’.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other characteristic.
If you need us to make any adjustments to support you during our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to help.