Job Title: Supply Chain Management Graduate Development Programme (GDP)
Role Type: Permanent
Start Date: August/September 2023 (there may be an opportunity to start earlier depending on role requirements)
Salary: £29,500 + £3,000 joining bonus + twice yearly pay reviews in 1st 2 years while completing the Graduate Development Programme.
Location(s): Hybrid/remote working with travel to site as per business requirements. Sites include Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester, Broughton and Livingston.
Travel: Graduates will be invited to UK events for GDP and there may be travel for the role as required by the business
Security Clearance Required: Successful candidates will be required to complete the SC clearance application
Summary of Role:
You will commence the Supply Chain Management Graduate Development Programme coordinating material requirements for various customer contracts and/or internal indirect procurements.
The Graduate Development Programme is designed to provide a wide understanding of Commercial and Supply Chain (including Sub Contract Management). Assigned to a business area on a rotational basis, you will support orders with suppliers, where you will be assigned activities to help you grow your commercial acumen and key business competencies.
During the Graduate Development Programme, in addition to your main role you will complete a range of modules designed to support your career development and progression. This includes presentation skills, team building, networking, project management, and other modules intended to develop your business acumen and enhance your skills within the workplace.
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate a high level of energy in pursuing work objectives and a total commitment to achieving successful outcomes, as evidenced by your academic results. You will have long-term ambitions, first class communication, planning and organisational skills. Raytheon champions a High Performance Culture, therefore the ability to work collaboratively within multi-functional teams is essential.
Operating in an integrated fast paced team, the Supply Chain functions play a leading role in Subcontract Management activity in respect of establishing and maintaining routine and bespoke contracts of high value and complexity. Supply Chain staff identify and manage risk, interfaces internally and externally across key functions and contributes to business area strategies. On a day-to-day basis a Supply Chain graduate may be expected to:
- Contribute to supply chain strategies and relationship management at business area and programme level
- Help develop innovative Procurement solutions in support of proposals
- Negotiate and manage purchase orders
- Identify and manage risk and opportunity
- Coordinate programme requirements and develop bill of materials
- Administer due diligence and supplier performance
- Support the financial performance and compliance of contracts
- Facilitate the delivery of invoicing for goods and services
- Influence supplier meetings and internal management reviews
- Develop briefing materials for senior management reviews
- Participate in business optimisation with cross-functional improvement activities
- Draft and review Agreements (Non-Disclosure/Teaming/Licensing)
What is the Graduate Development Programme (GDP)?
The Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is a structured training programme our class of graduates on the GDP complete over the course of 2 years in addition to their main role. We work in collaboration with an external supplier, HR and functional experts to deliver a range of training from improving business skills e.g. managing projects, business strategy, company presentation skills etc to team building activities, attending events and developing professional networking skills.
What our Graduates Say:
Each day as a Supply Chain Management Graduate offers variety, from the very first day you are given real responsibility to add value to the business, contributing as part of a diversely skilled team to a range of exciting innovation led projects.
Most mornings begin catching up with colleagues and responding to emails before the day begins. From managing the customer interface, analysing complex contractual terms, advising internal stakeholders on commercial matters to negotiating business positions with strategic partners and interpreting customer requirements with our engineers; each day offers a different challenge, with each opportunity driving my development.
I have enjoyed the opportunity to work in a company at the peak of innovation within the industry. Graduates are given a real opportunity to initiate ideas, drive change and make a difference. During my first 12 months, I had the opportunity to initiate my own process improvement project which has left a lasting impression on the business. This would not have been possible without the support and mentoring of highly experienced and knowledgeable colleagues who helped make my transition from University into the workplace seamless and inspire me for my future career.
- 2:2 undergraduate degree
- 120 UCAS points or equivalent (pre university qualifications)
- A full CV submitted on-line on our careers website with degree grade predicted or achieved listed. Include degree studied, modules studied, work placements and work experience on the CV including dates and locations. Please ensure your application includes full name, address, email address and telephone number as successful candidates will be contacted to discuss their application and next steps. Candidates will also receive updates on their application by email.
- A cover letter which explains why you have applied specifically for this role and why you would like to join our Graduate Development Programme. Please highlight any relevant skills, experience, work experience, work placements and extra-curricular activities that are relevant to your application.
- Attach a scanned copy of most recent university transcript or degree certificate as applicable under “Attachments” on your on-line application.
- Successful candidates will need to complete the SC security clearance application
- Second language
- Demonstrable leadership experience
- Ability to relocate to other sites
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites together with remote working practices. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. It’s 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 27 days) + statutory public holidays.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’.
- Flexible Benefits scheme.
- Discretionary Bonus scheme.
- Enhanced family friendly policies.
- 37hr standard working week, with an early finish on Fridays whilst operating a ‘Hybrid Working Model’*
- Canteen facilities are available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites. Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
* Our Hybrid Working Model supports flexible working arrangements on a formal or informal arrangement, considering both location and/or working hours, subject to business and customer needs. Please highlight any flexible requirements to our Recruitment team to explore the opportunities.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
At Raytheon UK, we’re committed to be building a workforce that represents the true diversity of Britain where all of our colleagues feel enabled to deliver the best work of their lives. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer who selects the very best candidates for the job. We truly value the diversity of our workforce work hard to create an inclusive environment where our colleagues can bring the unique skills, experiences and ideas to the table to help us grow our business, create innovative solutions and develop our people.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) act as the eyes and ears into the community they represent and support us in building a truly inclusive business. Our ERGs are open to all colleagues, regardless of background, and include: Raytheon Women’s Network, RayPride, Young Employees Success Network, Raytheon Veterans Network, Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities and RayBAME.
We’re also delighted to have been recognised as a Gold Award Employer as part of the HM’s Armed Forces Covenant and the Human Rights Campaign’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index as a ‘best place to work for LGBTQ Equality’.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other characteristic.
If you need us to make any adjustments to support you during our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to help.