What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Work to resolve IT, Technology and Telecoms Issues for the companies clients
- Provide solutions to incident and problems (and escalating internally to senior engineers when needed)
- Contribute to internal policies, procedures and processes
- Prioritising and managing several open support requests at once
- Keeping accurate records and documentation up to date when required
- Detailing notes and customers in a clear and concise manner
- Troubleshoot desktop and sever problems reported by customers and/or monitoring systems
- Desktop/Laptop/Server support
- Active directory and Group Policy
- Windows Server and Windows 10
- Networking (LAN/WAN/WLAN/VLAN)
- Firewalls, Access Points and network switches
- Various customer related software (Sage,Qucikbooks, etc.)
Why choose our Network Engineer Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard?
- Our Network Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship is perfect for learners that are fresh out of an IT education or already employed in the tech sector and looking to take the next step.
- The Network Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme concentrates on modern network infrastructure, advanced connectivity and advanced security.This enables learners to develop and enhance technical skills, and ensure that they have the technical grounding needed to become a skilled Network Designer, Systems Engineer or Network Administrator
QA's Network Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Get equipped with the advanced technical skills needed for the role
- Learn the core networking and server administration skills required to support a traditional on-premise, cloud or hybrid network
- Dive deep into the management of networks, exploring network hardware and software, network services and routing protocols
- Get immersed in technical content designed around real skills, aligning to and relevant to employers and the market
- Combine online learning live event training and on-the-job experience to develop real world skills using cutting-edge technology
- 92% of QA Apprentices secure full-time employment after finishing their apprenticeship
- Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Customer care skills, Team working Qualifications
A Level or equivalent ICT (Grade Any) Desired
BTEC or equivalent IT (Grade Extended Diploma 180 credits) Desired
Other Apprenticeship in similar subject (Grade Level 3) Desired
Other International Baccalaureate in ICT (Grade Level 3) Desired Things to consider
Important Information: QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.