What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for a talented individual who has good analytical skills, enjoys working with data and is interested in developing a career in the insurance sector. Working with a strong technical team there will be plenty of opportunities to build experience in business and data analysis, ETL, data warehousing, analytics, software/web development, plus gain insurance knowledge and the tools and training you need.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- On a day-to-day basis, your role will involve extracting and manipulating large volumes of data.
- Analysing different data sets and sharing the results with the relevant parties.
- Producing SQL scripts to resolve any issues that have been found during the analysis.
- Owning data quality issues that have been assigned to you.
- Gathering business requirements and helping turn those into first class solutions for our clients and the business.
- Performing testing and checking to ensure that the data is to the required standard.
- Facilitating the testing of the prepared data for business stakeholders.
- Managing the satisfactory resolution of any issues arising during the testing process.
- Communicating regularly with the team on key issues and progress.
- Support the production of documentation such as specifications, data packs, user guides.
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we've purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Data Analyst standard with training in how to:
- Ascertain how data can be used to answer questions and solve problems.
- Gather, inspect, cleanse, transform and model data to identify patterns and trends.
- Present data and produce dashboards and reports to aid visualization and comparison.
- Use advanced theory and diverse techniques to harness greater understanding.
· Inform decision-making and make recommendations using an evidence-based approach.
· Ensure your business processes and procedures are compliant with data protection legislation.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Solid people facing skills, Highly self-motivated, Strong multi-tasker, To schedule/priority changes, Time management skills, Knowledge of relational data, SQL query language, Excellent IT skills, To work independently Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
A genuine interest in forging a career in Business data analysis. 2.1 or above degree in a related course i.e., Computing, Maths, Economics. Business etc.