School Leaver - Accountancy - Sept 2023
- Evelyn Partners
- Bristol & Salisbury
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Accounting, Banking & Financial Services
- Role Type
- Start Date
Looking to start a career that’s wide-ranging, varied and rewarding? Find the right opportunities and experience for you at Evelyn Partners.
We believe that the best learning experiences are immersive from Day One.
Think client meetings, tackling real-life challenges, responsibility, and exciting work across a wide range of sectors, on a structured training programme.
Of course, we won’t throw you in at the deep end – you will get all the support and supervision you need. As part of the UK’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, you will learn from some of the industry’s thought leaders. Together, our experts manage around £55 billion of assets for 172,000 clients – and growing.
Individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities, businesses: we’re dedicated to supporting them all, through the power of good advice.
What you can expect on our graduate programme:
- Fully funded ACCA qualification, equivalent to a master’s degree
- Hands-on experience within a team invested in building your skills and business knowledge
- Qualification training with our partner First Intuition, rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
- Dedicated L&D team and training contact for your department and office location, to support you throughout your studies
- Comprehensive soft skills programme
- Your own personal support network, including a buddy to offer first-hand experience
- Contact with partners, to build your confidence with senior members of staff
- Accelerated career progression, thanks to early responsibility
- Exposure to a wide selection of clients, sectors, and projects
About our Assurance & Business Services – Business Outsourcing team (Audit)
As part of our Assurance & Business Services team, you will be working with clients and their finance teams or bookkeepers, helping them with their year-end accounts. This means providing services, advice and solutions that really make a difference. You will also have exposure to working with partners gaining invaluable experience and building your confidence with senior members of staff.
You will also build valuable client experience, developing the knowledge and skills needed to be a trusted business adviser. Alongside your work, you will receive first-class professional training as you study for the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification, followed by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualification which will enable you to gain a full understanding of the technical aspects of audit, accountancy, and additional financial advisory services.
Progression within this team is fast, with responsibility from an early stage. By the second year, you will be taking on a more senior role and helping to supervise the new intake of trainees. As your experience grows, you may have opportunities to experience other ad hoc assignments that our clients request our help with. You will also receive internal training from the professional services learning and development team.
Additionally, you will study towards the AAT on a Level 3 and then Level 4 apprenticeship, followed by the ACCA on a Level 7 Apprenticeship qualification, developing essential skills sought out in the professional services sector.
As part our Assurance & Business Services – Business Outsourcing team your responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a team to undertake a variety of accountancy tasks
- Developing an understanding of our clients and their businesses
- Keeping your manager fully informed of any issues and problems, ensuring the work is completed to a level agreed with the manager and recording clearly and concisely the work carried out
- Becoming familiar with our accounting software
- Resolving queries of an accountancy nature
Successful applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Committed to completing the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification, followed by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualification
- A Level: Minimum 112 UCAS points in top three A Levels (or equivalent), excluding General Studies
- GCSE: Minimum Grade 5 (or equivalent), in English Language and Maths respectively
We have several upcoming virtual events for you to attend - https://www.evelyn.com/careers/early-careers/
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert