What will the apprentice be doing?
The role offers you an opportunity to work on diverse data sets across geographies (we support UK, Ireland, and North America) and across B2C and B2B businesses. You will learn and work on exciting technologies and tools like the SQL Server Integration Services, Azure Cloud, Azure Data Factory, Databricks and Tableau, to name a few.
Main role / responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Ensure that the data extraction and loading processes (ETL) run consistently
- Evaluate new data sources for data quality and develop a robust data mapping
- Acquire data, develop, and maintain the ingestion pipelines using SSIS/ADF/Databricks
- Build the data marts as required and publish curated data sources to support self-serve
- Work closely with the IT Infrastructure and IT SecOps teams to implement the right policies
- Support the Tableau and the SSRS reporting platforms
- Support Apetito's migration to the Cloud from the data perspective
- Build a deep understanding of our products, processes, systems, and data
- Build strong relationships with the stakeholders across the business
- Provide technical support where required
- Be a contact for both technical and governance guidance
- Ensure security measures are in place
- Keep up to date on updates and enhancements by the vendors like Microsoft and Tableau
About the Apprenticeship and studying:
This is a role in an exciting new initiative that will see you at the forefront for this technology and its implementation in Apetito.
Our Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship is a great opportunity to start you career by working in a role whilst studying and achieving a degree qualification as a Digital and Technology Solutions Professional. If you are looking to achieve a degree but feel that university is not the right route for you, this could be a great option for you.
As part of this apprenticeship Apetito will support you to gain a BSc (Hons) Digital & Technology Solutions - Data Analytics.
This means that we will pay the fees for your degree, give you time to attend the courses in short blocks and contribute towards some of your other costs for learning. Alongside your degree you will get valuable work experience and development - and no student debt!
However, studying and working at the same time is not easy and will need a lot of energy at work, for home revision and study and great time management. You will need to meet standards in your job in the office as well as in your studies - the two go hand in hand.
The training will be with QA Ltd in Bristol, the details of the programme can be found at BSc (Hons) Digital & Technology Solutions, QA Higher Education.
Further details can be found here:
https://qahighereducation.com/courses/bsc-hons-digital-technology-solutions/What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once you have successfully completed the apprenticeship, you will get a full-time job.
On completion of End Point Assessment, your salary will increase in 2027 to £32,000.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Good at getting details right Qualifications
A Level or equivalent any subject - relevant area preferable (Grade any grade) Essential Things to consider
Company perks: Apetito perks (Retail discounts), Free turkey or voucher at Christmas, Cycle to work scheme, Technology scheme.