What will the apprentice be doing?
This role is for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual that is technically minded and looking to challenge themselves. This role requires a focused working ethos as it will be split between working from home and client sites. There will be a lot of training provided both in person and online. A methodical approach to troubleshooting issues is key and confidence with IT equipment is beneficial. The onsite work will mostly be in London, so the candidate must be able to drive to a train station or make their own way to site. Expenses will be paid for using supplied company credit card. There may be opportunity to travel abroad as we do cover global sites for clients.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Programming Audio Digital Signal Processors (DSP)
- Program and load basic control systems
- Read and understand detailed system schematics
- Documenting settings applied to hardware
- Configuration of hardware on a network to talk to each other
- Setting up networks for AV solutions
- Test and bug report issues found
- Troubleshooting faults to a conclusion
- Give technical training to users of a new solution
- Wire and terminate cabling where required
- Discuss potential solutions to clients to ascertain the functionality they require
- Setup/test video conference solution
- Configure large video distribution solutions
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On and off the job training
- Level 5 Audiovisual Technician *STD 684* *ST0940*
- Day release at College/Training Provider
Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Analytical skills, Logical Qualifications
A Level or equivalent ICT/Related subject (Grade Pass) Essential Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. Northern Skills will check candidates' eligibility prior to any interviews. Please be aware that as Northern Skills provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.