What will the apprentice be doing?
- Set-up of all rooms with the right equipment and securely
- De-rig equipment efficiently and safely
- To ensure that all AV equipment is used safely and correctly
- To repair and maintain equipment and leads as required
Management of equipment
- To keep clear records of audio-visual equipment and assist with stock takes
- To be able to undertake basic first line maintenance of in-house audio-visual equipment
- To advise on stock levels and any equipment defects including first line fault-finding on audio-visual equipment
- To ensure all equipment is stored safely and correctly and areas of equipment storage remain tidy
- To perform daily AV room checks
- To ensure all clients can access the CHW client IT network securely and safely
- To ensure that the CHW client network is not used by clients in an inappropriate manner
Management of events
- To communicate with clients during an event and assist with last-minute requests
- Support with events in meeting rooms as well as live event spaces
- To operate sound, lighting, and audio-visual equipment for events, operating the portable mixing unit, setting up wired and wireless microphones and providing a camera crew with sound feeds
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post and may change in line with the needs of the service or at the request of the line manager.What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On and off-the-job training
- Level 5 Audio Visual Technican Apprenticeship *STD 684* *ST0940*
- Day release at college or training centre
Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working Qualifications
A Level or equivalent ICT/Related subject (Grade Pass) Essential Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. Northern Skills will check candidates' eligibility prior to any interviews. Please be aware that as Northern Skills provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.