What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- To prepare and complete corporation tax returns, partnership tax computations and capital gains tax computations for a range of corporate clients, under the supervision of a manager
- Prepare draft correspondence on client matters for review
- Discuss and solve basic queries directly with clients, on the telephone and in face-to-face meetings, whilst referring more detailed queries to managers/ partners as appropriate
- Upon completion of training, to identify opportunities for tax planning
- Produce clear and technically accurate letters and computations for submission to HM Revenue & Customs and clients
New joiners in this team have the unique opportunity to gain not one but two chartered qualifications over 42 months: the Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) and the ACA qualification provided by the ICAEW.
You will study towards the qualifications via a Level 7 Accountancy or taxation professional apprenticeship, building not only on your technical skills, but also on your personal and professional development. Training consists of a combination of courses at the tutors' offices, private study and regular exams, as well as on-the-job training. You will have paid study leave to support you in the run up to exams and all course and exam fees are paid for.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We go above and beyond for our clients, but also for you. We have a genuine commitment to your development, offering you a closely supported and structured programme of tuition, provided by a top firm of external tutors. Internally, you'll be supported by a manager who will act as your mentor, a trainee buddy, partners, senior staff and a dedicated Training and Development Coordinator.
As you progress through your training, you will receive incremental salary increases as you hit various milestones in your qualification.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade Level 6/B) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 6/B) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade 120 UCAS points) Essential
Other Degree in any discipline (Grade 2:1) Essential