What will the apprentice be doing?
• Identify business problems and present insights to influence actions.
• Develop skills in Data Engineering, Visualisation and Business Analysis in a complex business environment.
• Work as part of a team to deliver data products used across the whole business.
• Collaborate with business users to ensure you are delivering the insights they need.
• Produce reports to provide insight and recommendations for how to improve the business operations, learning and business processes, and what drives business outcomes.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be studying towards a Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship delivered by Thales UK in partnership with Imperial College Business School and Corndel. Accredited by A4digital, this is an 18 month programme taught through tailored workshops and individual coaching sessions. There may be scope for those who are successful in the Level 4 to progress onto the Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship at Warwick University.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be working as a Data Analyst within Thales UK.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A permanent position with Thales as a Data Analyst.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
GCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade Grade 9 - 4 or A*-C) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths plus 1 STEM subject (Grade A-C) Essential
Things to consider
One STEM A Level required can include - Physics, ICT, Computing or Electronics. You should be proficient in Microsoft Office products including ability to use lookups, pivot tables and multiple variable formulas in Excel. As well as being familiar with data visualisation such as patterns, trends and correlations.