Duration of Apprenticeship:
The programme is designed to fully equip you with the necessary skills to propel your career and offer a pathway into exciting roles such as Investment Analysis, a Risk Controller or dealing and/or advising in Securities, Derivatives or Packaged Products. The training programme will provide you with on the job experience working within RBC’s Operations whilst earning a CISI Investment Operations Certificate.
Operations are integral to the bank, playing a key role in safeguarding against the risk of loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, systems and from external events. The dynamic curriculum spans a number of modules exploring the world of regulatory frameworks, investment products and trading activities. Your skills will be developed through live webinars, virtual lectures, structured in-house training and mentorship. These skills can be put into practice and will be utilised across our businesses where you will be able to work on complex business issues. Upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship, you could be offered a full-time position within the firm.
Benefits of the Investment Operations Apprenticeship:
· You’ll have a full-time role from day one, and a competitive starting annual salary
· You’ll study part-time for your CISI Investment Operations Certificate through BPP University– whilst being able to put your new skills into practice in your day to day role
· You’ll be in a supportive environment, with benefits such as study leave, mentoring, a skills coach and in-house training
· RBC sponsors all of the costs of your qualification so you’ll end the Apprenticeship with your certificate and at least 18 months’ work experience at a leading investment bank but without the expensive university costs!
As an Investment Operations Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Investment Operations Specialist Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship. Completion of the apprenticeship will result in you being awarded CISI IOC qualification.
Minimum of 3 A levels at grade B in addition to Maths and English at grade C at GCSE or equivalent qualifications.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
Agile students with strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills.
· Genuine interest in the financial markets
There may be the opportunity to convert to a full-time employee with RBC following completion of the Apprenticeship programme.