Gravesham Borough Councils owns around 5,700 properties. Brookvale Depot is the hub for our in-house operatives, including electricians, plumbers, carpenters and multi trades. The depot also houses other departments like cemeteries, waste management and horticulture along with having our own vehicle maintenance workshop.
Travel Information: The Brookvale Depot is based in Northfleet, Northfleet Train Station and a bus hub a few minutes’ walk away.
Description of vacancy
We are a fast paced and diverse company, maintaining our properties in the borough. The post holder will need to provide a range of administrative duties to support the on-going development of the repairs service.
They will need to respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from members of the public, suppliers, and other staff and deal with all customer contact effectively, and courteously, in line with the council’s policies and procedures.
- The role will be varied, and you will work as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of the office
- To maintain manual and computerised systems including inputting data, keeping records, statistics, confidential and general filing systems as directed
- To organise meetings and events, ensuring that all necessary arrangements are made
- To research, prepare, print, photocopy and distribute documents
- To undertake any other administration job related tasks as required
- To be a part of corporate initiatives as required
- Researching data and producing reports
- Answering phones and connecting calls to the proper department
£177.97 per week
37 Hours per week
Monday to Friday, 8:45AM-5PM
Minimum lunch break of 30 minutes, maximum 1 hour (unpaid)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Good time management
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Computer skills
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to Multi-task
- Team player
GCSE Grade 9 - 4 (or A - C) in English and Maths. Or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike, from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector. The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities.