Braywick Leisure Centre are looking for a Leisure Team Member apprenticeship to join their team. Alongside the role you will work towards your Leisure Team Member apprenticeship Level 2.
This is an exciting opportunity for any candidate who has a drive and commitment to develop a career in the leisure industry. A candidate who is keen to learn and become a valued member of the team with flexible skills and attributes to develop into the future.
A variety of duties including:
● Can ensure the highest possible standards of health & safety within the centre
● Can ensure the highest possible standards of customer care within the centre
● Care about our customers and want them to have their best customer journey - they arrive happy and leave happy wanting to return
● Can assist the Senior Recreation Assistant and Duty Manager to ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort to achieve a safe and welcoming environment for our customers
● Can assist the Senior Recreation Assistant and Duty Manager to achieve effective control and security of the facility, patrolling all appropriate areas ensuring that equipment is stored safely and securely
● Enjoy completing a variety of tasks throughout their shift in all areas and departments of the centre.
● Can use their own initiative when completing daily tasks and duties and are accountable for their own actions
● Enjoy working as part of our team who support each other to achieve the objectives and targets of the centre
● Can respond to emergency situations in accordance with their training
● Can be aware of all health & safety issues, constantly implement and assess procedures and draw attention to any unsafe practices
● Can express innovative ideas and suggestions to improve our company
As part of the 18-month programme you will gain the following qualifications;
- National Pool Lifeguard
- First Aid at Work
- Level 2 Gym Instructing
- Level 1 Assistant Swim Teaching
- Level 2 Swim Teaching
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following:
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
- Climb out unaided without ladders/steps
The position is also subject to a successful DBS check.
As an apprentice with Braywick Leisure Centre, you will be studying towards a 12-18 months qualification that will be the Level Leisure Team Member Level 2 Apprenticeship