MC Personnel is a locally based company established in 1998. We have 3 busy offices across Kent specialising in the overall requirements of the Industrial, Engineering, Catering, Office & Driving business sectors throughout Kent, SE London and Essex. As an independent company we are free to provide our clients with a bespoke service. Our qualified, dedicated consultants work very closely with both our clients and candidates, as we believe that working together results in success through greater understanding.
Gillingham Railway station – 5 mins walk
High Street based office, very easy to access via train and bus. Local car parking also available.
Description of Vacancy
Can you have a good laugh and carry on working hard? Then this is the job for you. This is a small but very friendly office, there is never a dull moment and great prospects for advancement within the business as a whole.
The vacancy is for a Customer Service Assistant and you will be in the thick of the action. We are looking for the highly motivated individual who can support our team by dealing with customers on the phone and face to face. Never a dull moment.
- Answering high volume of telephone calls.
- Dealing with a variety of nationalities.
- You need to be extra helpful.
- Transfer calls appropriately or take messages and pass these on.
- Register people who are looking for work –online or face to face.
- Complete and attach all relevant forms, ID, checks to a candidates online file.
- Greet customers who come into the office and assist them with their queries.
- General Administration where required.
- Assisting the Consultants in making telephone calls and completing their admin.
- Attending events such as Job Fairs with more senior members of staff to speak to job seekers / employers.
- Creating media and social media posts, sending out mailshots to targeted people.
- Provide office support to the Sales staff and Manager.
- Reporting and data management.
Starting at £4.81 per hour
Incredible opportunity if someone is keen to progress their career quickly to do so and earn bonuses and commission – all dependent on the person.
Monday – Friday
9am – 5.30pm
(45 minute break and 15 min tea break)
28 days holiday per year including BH
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
Training and development program in addition to their chosen NVQ.
Team days / events regularly.
Lively atmosphere in the office.
Office wear but dress down Fridays
- Good maths and English
- Basic computer skills
- To be a team player
- A conscientious, hardworking individual
- Professional approach
- Competent time-management
- Desire to progress within MC Personnel
- Organised and structured working
- Good professional telephone manner
- Well organised
- Good attention to detail
- Well-spoken and presentable
- Always have a professional attitude
Functional skills level 2 minimum in both English and Maths preferred.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – Customer Services Practitioner Level 2 Standard will establish an Apprentice’s skills to deliver high quality service to customers both internally and externally. The Apprenticeship will incorporate knowledge of customers and the customer experience, understanding the organisation, its products/services and their role and responsibilities. Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.