Babington, a leading provider of apprenticeships, professional training courses and learning solutions are supporting our client, We offer secure, flexible and cost effective self storage for businesses, households and students at our three facilities across Scotland and North West England., to recruit for their next Office Assistant, based in HADDINGTON.
As an apprentice, what will I be doing?
This is an exciting opportunity to start your career in administration. The role of the Office Assistant is to support the smooth running of Head Office and store staff in providing general administration and organisational support across the business as you progress on your apprenticeship in SCQF Level 6 In Administration.
You days will be varied and will include the following:
- • Answer telephone calls, transfer to other colleagues and pass on messages.
• Greet and direct visitors, offer refreshments to visitors and staff.
• Deal with any maintenance issues in Head Office.
• Organise the office and keep it tidy.
• Managing office supplies, including refreshments for Head Office.
• Assist with post office duties as required.
• Opening, sorting and distribution of mail daily.
• Run errands required by Head Office.
• Printing or binding of documents.
• Filing and archiving documents.
• Liaise with staff in all other departments.
• Arrange booking of flights, hotels and travel.
• Arrange meetings by reserving rooms / boardroom.
• Deal with queries from store team members.
• Light accounts support dealing with suppliers.
• Booking skips and arranging collection as required.
• Remind stores re Vehicle servicing /MOT and Tax renewals of company vehicles.
• Other tasks as allocated by the Senior Management Team.
What are the working hours, pay and benefits on offer?
As an Office Assistant you will be required to work Our core hours are 9 – 5 with half an hour lunch or 1 hr lunch and work until 5.30pm. In return you will be receive a salary of £11,365 per year plus benefits.
What training will I undertake and what qualification will I get at the end?
SCQF Level 6 In Administration supported with a 121 coach and e-learning platform.
Are there any requirements for me to be considered?• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
• Ability to be a self starter working on your own as well as part of a team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
If you are interested in an exciting opportunity to kick-start your career in administration apply today, we would love to hear from you!