HARRAP IT is a family run Hampshire-based business offering a support-focused IT service to schools. Continuously growing and developing, we have successfully developed a network environment that is designed, from the ground up, for schools. The network is a super-fast, reliable and a secure system.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an IT Apprentice.
The role involves working as part of a small dynamic team supporting primarily Primary level schools with all their computing needs.
The role involves deployment of software and educational programs, repair and maintenance of hardware, subsequent installation of hardware, support for schools both onsite and remote.
- Providing 1st line support to company users by responding to incidents logged by phone, email and self-service
- Monitoring of alarms and notifying the relevance personnel accordingly
- Undertake daily system maintenance tests of all IT systems to confirm system health, ensuring any test failures are appropriately logged, and escalated, in line with documented procedures
- Building and configuring a range of laptops, PC’s and Mac's in adherence with our build procedures
- Maintaining office IT facilities
- Involved in configuration, installation and setup of systems at customer sites
- Participating in team meetings
- IT hardware knowledge is essential
- Experience of working with/building computers
- Natural affinity for technology
- A logical approach to troubleshooting problems
- Ability to work independently and within a team
Essential attributes for a successful candidate:
- A desire to impress colleagues and customers
- Using initiative to deliver impressive results
- Eagerness to learn and develop tech skills
- Flexibility, team spirit and adaptability
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly, confident, smart and personable
- Enthusiastic, tenacious and hard working
- Able to drive / commute
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
£12,000 - £14,000 per annum.
Develop knowledge and career continuously building with in the team long-term.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.