Rainham School for Girls represents a culture of high aspiration, high expectation and success. Our aim is to provide an outstanding learning experience for all students within a safe, disciplined and caring environment.
Throughout their educational career, students will be offered a vast range of opportunities to extend their knowledge and skills base in both curricular and extra-curricular activities in order to prepare them for their future careers and for life. Students will engage in a learning journey which will challenge and inspire them, one which will see them progress and grow into independent, confident, respectful young people.
Travel Information: The nearest station is Rainham. From here, walk about 10 minutes adj to Manor Farm (on Maidstone Road). Take Arriva Kent & Surrey Bus 116. (2 minute journey). Get off at Highfield Road. Walk about 9 minutes to destination.
Description of vacancy
We are looking for a confident apprentice to join our busy administration team. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, be a good team player and enjoy working around young people.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all students, parents/carers, colleagues, suppliers, contractors and other professionals
- Undertake administrative/clerical tasks including photocopying, filing, scanning and collating reports
- Assist with processing of orders and invoicing
- Assist in maintaining and updating information held on school databases
- Assist in the routine collection of data as required
- Courteously welcome and receive visitors/callers to the school and deal with enquiries as required, maintaining security requirements and confidentiality
- Answer incoming and internal switchboard calls, dealing with requests and enquiries and taking messages as required
- Deal with students that are feeling unwell or have been injured, and those needing to leave school for medical appointments
- Accept deliveries to the school and make arrangements for their appropriate distribution
- Ensure that all administrative/clerical duties, checks and documentation including returns and reports are completed
£177.97 per week
37 hours per week
Monday to Friday
30 minutes unpaid lunch
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A confident telephone manner
- Problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with computers and software programmes
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- High degree of confidentiality and sensitivity when dealing with students
- The ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Good literacy skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Willingness to use own initiative
GCSE Level 9 - 4 (or Grade A - C) in English and Maths. Or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike, from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector. The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities. Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards