What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Working across the UK and internationally our qualified ecologists conduct phase 1 habitat surveys and Protected species Surveys
- The post will offer the successful applicant an interesting, challenging and varied workload as well as allowing them to develop personally and professionally, as an Ecologist.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The typical duration for this apprenticeship is 60 months but this will depend on previous experience
- You will attend a local University 1 day per week (during term time)
- Successful apprentices will gain a BSc (Hons) Environmental Management
- Graduates of the level 6 Environmental Practitioner Degree Apprenticeship will be ideally placed to gain the newRegistered Environmental Practitioner(REnvP) registration
- Environmental Practitioners combine a high level of knowledge and understanding of environmental principles and techniques to complex environmental systems.
- Skills can be transfered to a range of environmental specialisms, such as, environmental policy, air quality, climate change, waste management, ecology.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Presentation skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSE's inc English, Maths and Science (Grade 9- 4 /A*- C) Essential
A Level or equivalent 3 A'levels (Grade 112 UCAS points/Grades BBC) Essential