What will the apprentice be doing?
Responsibilities will include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- General office administration e.g. meeting and greeting clients
- Ordering stationary
- Assisting with the preparation of year end statutory accounts for Companies
- Assisting with the audit of limited companies
- Undertaking sales
- Purchases substantive tests
- Audit of bank
- Audit of fixed assets
- Attending client meetings with Senior members of the Firm
- Attending stock takes in the UK
- Assisting with the review of Solicitors accounts In house training on the accounting software's being used by the firm
- Anti-Money Laundering training
- GDPR training
- Attending Professional development courses on auditing, tax, bookkeeping which are run externally by a Service provider
- Payroll training
- Preparing and filing Corporation tax Returns
Level 7 Accountancy or taxation professional standard - ACCA.
There are three levels including Applied Knowledge, Applied Skills and Strategic Professional. Applied Knowledge helps you understand the role of accounting in the business environment, and develop the practical skills and techniques expected of an accountant working in business.
Applied Skills encourages you to develop a broad understanding of the role of accounting in business, and how to interpret financial information.
By studying Strategic Professional, you'll learn advanced techniques, skills, and the professional ethics required of an accountant or consultant operating at a senior level. Once you've successfully passed you can apply to be a full member of ACCA.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Overseas travel
- Potential full-time employment
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9/A* - 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9/A* - 4/C) Essential Things to consider
Benefits include: 28 days holiday including 8 bank holidays.