What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful applicant will eventually work to the below expectations throughout the course of the apprenticeship.
* At all times the Sales Estimating Apprentice must professionally maintain customer relations with various current and prospective accounts with the aim of taking orders at budgeted / targeted margins.
* The Sales Estimating Apprentice must liaise with our manufacturing, drawing, despatch and purchasing teams in order to ensure that the customer experience is first class throughout, and keeping abreast of raw material prices, labour timescales and lead times to aid you in the estimating process.
* Customers, whether canvassed or existing contacts, should be guided through Barkers' product range and service offerings in order for the client to make informed decisions about what is appropriate for their needs. The estimator must keep abreast of product and industry developments in order to offer the best information possible.
* Following up on quotations in a timely manner, ensuring awareness of project status.
* Negotiation of quotations so as to secure works at beneficial parameters for the business, with both volume and margin in mind.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards a Sales Executive Level 4 Apprenticeship. This is provided by an external training provider along with in house on the job training, the training will be a combined approach including at the training providers premises one day a week and virtually. You will achieve an advanced apprenticeship and a level 2 functional skills qualification (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Sales is a fundamental part of our business and is constantly growing and developing to which you can be a part of our journey to shape within the sales team. There will be the opportunity for further training to progress with the view for the role to be made permanent (subject to probationary period and KPIs being achieved)
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade A-C (9-5)) Desired
Things to consider
Location - there is a bus route available