SSP in partnership with Lifetime Training are offering an exclusive Chef Academy opportunity when you join the SSP team. Not only will you gain an Apprenticeship Standard in Production Chef Level 2 but, you will also get a hands-on learning experience to broaden your kitchen skills in a supportive and encouraging environment surrounded by talented Chefs and Coaches with years of sector and industry experience.
The SSP Chef Academy will incorporate master-class delivery throughout the learning journey. Apprentices will have the opportunity to escape their daily routine and explore new ways of working in Lifetime's innovative kitchens with Chef and TV presenter Joe Hurd.
Masterclass topics include:
- Meat and Poultry
- Fish and Shellfish
- Pastry, Cakes, Sponges and Desserts
During these Masterclasses you will get the opportunity to create a variety of dishes which include Seafood Risotto, Crustless Quiche, Steak and Ale Suet Pudding and Fruit Tartlets.
We are looking for someone who will;
- Assist with food preparation process under supervisors' instructions.
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness, safety and food rotation.
- Help with the deliveries and restocking the kitchen.
- Can keep high standards and works well under pressure.
There are some amazing benefits that come with work with SSP that include;
- A free meal on shift.
- Refer a friend scheme - get rewarded with £400 every time you successfully refer a friend.
- Award winning training and development with access to apprenticeships and further learning.
- Up to 75% employee discount on a variety of SSP brands and franchises across the UK including M&S, Starbucks, Burger King, Caffe Ritazza plus many more!
Please note that due to some responsibilities required for the role all suitable candidates will be 18+ and be required to provide references for the last 5 years and undergo a Criminal Record Check in line with Airport Security Regulations.
Your hourly wage will be from £11.50, your weekly wage will vary dependant on unsociable hours and hours worked per week.
You will be working towards the Production Chef Level 2 over the duration of 15 months alongside your daily roles and responsibilities.
You don't want to miss out on this opportunity as there are only a small number of positions available. Apply now!