What will the apprentice be doing?
Overview of role and requirements:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Opportunity to work in co-production with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, to also include family members
- Promoting, supporting and empowering children and young people to engage in education, training and employment
- Training and involvement with life story work, restorative justice and a systemic family-based approach, to embed a truly therapeutic environment
- Developing life skills to enable our children and young people to understand life post 18 and make positive choices for their future independence
- Holistic promotion of wellbeing, to include emotional, mental, and physical health
- Involvement in all aspects of care planning and contextual safeguarding
- Sleep in shifts and a rota pattern of 2 shifts on and 4 shifts off
- Ideally, computer literate and driving licence desirable, but not essential
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- L4 Apprenticeship - CYP Family Practitioner - Care pathway
- L3 Diploma in Residential Childcare
Apprentices can very quickly progress into team leader and management roles.
Support and mentoring is available for these progression routes.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade 9 - 1) Desired Things to consider
Support Workers will have a 'can do attitude', be passion and resilient. Ideally you will have existing skills and knowledge with a work history in children's services, mental health, drug and alcohol, attachment, and trauma. However, all staff will receive extensive support and training to learn relevant skills and gain their diploma qualifications applicable to the role. Most importantly we provide a work environment where your opinion matters. If you are interested in joining a new team, in a new home, and help shape the culture and be part of a progressive residential children's home service provision then join us in supporting children and young people in their own unique journeys to achieve the future that they personally aspire for.