Duration: Three Years
Location: London Heathrow
Application Closing Date: 21 December 2022
Start Date: September 2023
You’ll need to be ready for anything. We’ll give you real responsibility from the first day. We want you to meet every challenge head on in our fast-paced, collaborative culture. It could be collating and analysing Cabin Crew performance data. Running meetings at Heathrow. Or organising an internal conference. Every step along the way, you’ll be working with, and supported by, people from different teams and business levels.
For the first 12 months of the apprenticeship, you will study towards a Business Administration qualification. Upon successful completion, tailored conversations will then explore your onward pathway onto an apprenticeship within a more specialised area of our business.
We are looking for a strong communicator who is organised, intuitive and has the ability to adapt to change. Above all, strong self-motivation. English and Maths GCSE at grade 9-4 (A*-C) is desirable but not crucial.
What's in it for you?
Looking to join our apprenticeship scheme? You won't be disappointed. Recently being ranked #28 in the School Leavers Top UK Employers, we can't wait to welcome you into the British Airways family.
We have many benefits for apprentices at British Airways, here are a handful to showcase the diversity of our apprentice community:
- Increase in salary after you have completed the first year of your apprenticeship, if completed in line with your development objectives
- Part of our apprentice network and community, with the opportunity to engage with apprentices from all schemes in the business and learn from former apprentices
- Involvement in our bold sustainability vision, volunteering an active role to champion specific community groups including LGBTQ+ 'Flying Proud' and ethnic minority network 'BeMe'
- Involvement in Community Investment programmes, taking part in fundraising challenges for partnership charities, supporting causes close to your heart
- Volunteering in schools and colleges sharing personal experiences to inspire, empower and mentor students and support their potential to gain employment in the industry we love
- Access to heavily discounted flights to globe trot, and a generous annual leave entitlement to turn your bucket list into reality
Further Information & Next Steps
We are delighted you are considering applying! Here’s some more information you may need about the application process:
- All sections of your application need to be complete, including all online tests, by the deadline given
- Due to high volumes of applications, you may only apply for one apprenticeship programme. We would recommend for you to read about each apprenticeship scheme before applying as only your first application will be considered
- If you are successful with the initial application, you will be invited to complete a short video interview within a given timeframe
- Across all stages of the application process, if you fail to submit by the deadline, your application will be automatically withdrawn
Do you have any questions or need advice? We will be running weekly virtual drop in centres for applicants to talk to our recruitment team. Come along any Tuesday between 4pm-5pm by joining the MS teams link.
Join our apprentice team to find out more about this programme where you can register to attend a webinar Live Q&A. Click here to find out more about the event and register your attendance. Don’t forget to keep an eye on our main event page on the careers website to see any events you can join to find out more information and top tips, as well as which upcoming events we will be attending.