Duration: Two Years
Application Closing Date: 30 November
Start Date: October 2023
We’ll make sure you’re ready to deliver the very best service to our customers by giving you full training on everything that goes into our unique British Airways hospitality. It’s not about following a script – it’s about using your personal judgement and product knowledge to get the best outcome for all, even when you’re dealing with incredibly sensitive situations.
With your natural adaptability and flair for customer service, not to mention the support and training from your colleagues, you’ll also find it deeply satisfying and an excellent opportunity to build your skills. It’s a demanding, high pressure, but ultimately rewarding role that gives you the kind of experience and knowledge that’ll be valuable in any part of our business.
We are looking a strong communicator, with a passion for delivering excellent customer service and the ability to make decisions, prioritise, organise and take action ‘in the moment’. English and Maths GCSE at grade 9 -4 (A*- C) is desirable but not essential.
What's in it for you?
Looking to join our apprenticeship scheme? You won't be disappointed. Recently being ranked #28 in the School Leavers UK Top Employers, we can't wait to welcome you into the British Airways family.
We have many benefits for apprentices at British Airways, here are a handful to showcase the diversity of our apprentice community:
- Increase in salary after you have completed the first year of your apprenticeship, if completed in line with your development objectives
- Part of the British Airways apprentice network and community, with the opportunity to engage with apprentices from all schemes in the business and learn from former apprentices
- Involvement in our ambitious sustainability vision, volunteering an active role to champion specific community groups including LGBTQ+ and our ethnic minority network ‘BE ME’
- Involvement in Community Investment programmes, taking part in fundraising challenges for partnership charities, supporting causes close to your heart
- Volunteering in schools and colleges sharing personal experiences to inspire, empower and mentor students and support their potential to gain employment in the industry we love
- Access to heavily discounted flights to globe trot, and a generous annual leave entitlement to turn your bucket list into reality
Further Information & Next Steps
We are delighted you are considering applying! Here’s some more information you may need about the application process:
- All sections of your application need to be complete, including all online tests, by the deadline given
- Due to high volumes of applications, you may only apply for one apprenticeship programme. We would recommend for you to read about each apprenticeship scheme before applying as only your first application will be considered
- If you are successful with your initial application, you will be invited to complete a short video interview within a given timeframe
- Across all stages of the application process, if you fail to submit by the deadline, your application will be automatically withdrawn
Do you have any questions or need advice? We will be running weekly virtual drop in centres for applicants to talk to our recruitment team. Come along any Tuesday between 4pm-5pm by joining the MS teams link.
Join our apprentice team to find out more about this programme where you can register to attend a webinar Live Q&A. Click here to find out more about the event and register your attendance. Don’t forget to keep an eye on our main event page on the careers website to see any events you can join to find out more information and top tips, as well as which upcoming events we will be attending.
Timelines for this recruitment process
- Initial applications open between 6 October – 30 November but may close earlier if volumes are high
- If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to a Virtual Assessment Centre which will take place in March 2023