Duration: 18 Months
Location: London Heathrow
Application Closing Date: 21 December
Start Date: September 2023
Working on varied shifts in Customer Service at Heathrow, you’ll take on duties across the team – from check in and flight connections to arrivals and premium areas. Your helpful, welcoming personality will equip you to meet, greet, deal with queries and be a true ambassador for our brand. The role will give a phenomenal insight into the entire customer journey. We can promise that most days will be anything but ‘every day’, especially with so many different customers to meet and colleagues to support in our every-changing industry.
Throughout the programme, you’ll study towards the Aviation Customer Service Operative apprenticeship.
We are looking for a strong communicator with a passion for people, a self-starter and the ability to prioritise, organise and take action ‘in the moment’. English and Maths GCSE at grade 9 -4 (A*- C) is desirable but not crucial.
Because this role is customer-facing, you’ll wear the British Airways uniform. Our uniform guidelines must be adhered to which includes no visible tattoos or body piercings.
What's in it for you?
Looking to join our apprenticeship scheme? You won't be disappointed. Recently being ranked #28 in the School Leavers Top UK Employers, we can't wait to welcome you into the British Airways family.
We have many benefits for apprentices at British Airways, here are a handful to showcase the diversity of our apprentice community:
- Increase in salary after you have completed the first year of your apprenticeship, if completed in line with your development objectives
- Part of our apprentice network and community, with the opportunity to engage with apprentices from all schemes in the business and learn from former apprentices
- Involvement in our bold sustainability vision, volunteering an active role to champion specific community groups including LGBTQ+ 'Flying Proud' and ethnic minority network 'BeMe'
- Involvement in Community Investment programmes, taking part in fundraising challenges for partnership charities, supporting causes close to your heart
- Volunteering in schools and colleges sharing personal experiences to inspire, empower and mentor students and support their potential to gain employment in the industry we love
- Access to heavily discounted flights to globe trot, and a generous annual leave entitlement to turn your bucket list into reality
Further Information & Next Steps
We are delighted you are considering applying! Here’s some more information you may need about the application process:
- All sections of your application need to be complete, including all online tests, by the deadline given
- Due to high volumes of applications, you may only apply for one apprenticeship programme. We would recommend for you to read about each apprenticeship scheme before applying as only your first application will be considered
- If you are successful with your initial application, you will be invited to complete a short video interview within a given timeframe
- Across all stages of the application process, if you fail to submit by the deadline, your application will be automatically withdrawn
Do you have any questions or need advice? We will be running weekly virtual drop in centres for applicants to talk to our recruitment team. Come along any Tuesday between 4pm-5pm by joining the MS teams link.
Join our apprentice team to find out more about this programme where you can register to attend a webinar Live Q&A. Click here to find out more about the event and register your attendance. Don’t forget to keep an eye on our main event page on the careers website to see any events you can join to find out more information and top tips, as well as which upcoming events we will be attending.
Timelines for this recruitment process
- Initial applications open between 6 October – 21 December but may close earlier if volumes are high
- If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to complete a video interview in December
- If your video interview is successful, you will be invited to a Virtual Assessment Centre which will take place in February 2023