What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting in the preparation of accounts
- Dealing with basic bookkeeping
- Processing and paying invoices
- Recording receipts and payments
- Using computerised accounting systems
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritise
- GCSE or equivalent Maths & English + 3 further subjects (Grade Grades A*-C (4-9)) essential
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role. All apprentices are required to complete and evidence 20% of the job learning whilst on their apprenticeship.
Our Assistant Accountant Level 3 standard programme consists of the following:
- Assistant Accountant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy Level 2
- End-Point Assessment (EPA) conducted by an external provider (Portfolio, project and panel interview)
The End-Point Assessment is designed to enable apprentices to demonstrate that they are fully conversant in the skills knowledge and behaviours expected of individuals at this level.
It is designed to provide assessors with a holistic view of the Apprentice, and to allow them to assess to what extent the Apprentice meets or exceeds the apprenticeship standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity for a full-time position on completion of apprenticeship.