What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- To provide regular financial information to clients and submit compliant information, including accounts, VAT returns and tax returns to the relevant bodies.
- Ability to complete reconciliations of various accounts, and use software to complete regular bookkeeping.
- Abiding by government regulations when preparing financial statements, as well as showing prudence and following other ethical standards, leading to the production of timely, proficient and professional services.
- Accurately preparing reports for clients to make management decisions.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Using various software to comply with newly introduced making tax digital requirements, by completing and submitting VAT returns digitally.
- Ability to show confidence in communication with clients, and to show professional behaviour.
- To be able to assist in the auditing of a large limited company.
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Analytical skills
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade A*-C/ 9-4) essential
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard.
- Maths and English Level 2 functional skills if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full time role for the right candidate.
- We are trying to buy more practices to expand, we encourage employees to further their career after completing AAT in either ACCA and ICAEW.