What will the apprentice be doing?
Lumeon is looking for an experienced functional tester who possesses excellent problem-solving skills and has a diverse set of technical skills in manual testing. You will have the ability to develop effective working relationships with all areas of the business. The role will be working in an experienced and growing web-based team and delivering value through delivering quality features to our clients.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Play an active role in the Agile planning process and define Test Cases from written requirements and User Stories
- Execution of manual integration/system tests on the front-end web application and API layer
- Back-end database validation using MySQL
- Identify, characterise and report software defects found to the development team
- Be part of a cross-functional team, that collectively takes responsibility for deliverables and quality
- Contribute to the continued improvement of the QA test strategy and process
- Assisting with Test Planning
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we've purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Tester, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Ensure that the software used within your business operates as intended
- Design and prepare test plans and conduct software testing as appropriate to ensure your software is fit for purpose
- Collect and interpret the results of testing and make appropriate recommendations
- Understand the software lifecycle and apply software development practices
- Document and report test results
- Store, manage and share test data in a secure manner
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Strong analytical skills, Meticulous attention to detail, Excellent communication skills, Keen to learn Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
Previous experience testing web applications and API's via postman or equivalent. Experience in source control - GIT. Comfortable with Linux operating systems. Exposure to Jenkins. Understanding of testing methodologies and their application including UAT and System Testing.