What will the apprentice be doing?
The Personal Tax Apprenticeship role will entail:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Processing client information on to IRIS personal tax software to produce a completed self-assessment tax return and produce a letter detailing the clients tax position.
- The apprentice will also be involved in preparing basic rental accounts and inputting these accounts directly on to the self-assessment tax return.
- The role will extend also to preparing and submitting SA1 forms and 64-8 authorising agent forms to HMRC as part of the client on-boarding process.
- The role will include contacting clients on a timely basis to collate records and ensure the self-assessment filing date is met. Further work will include checking a client's HMRC account and tax calculation.
- At some stage in the future it may be possible for the apprentice to assist on tax planning and advisory work in collaboration with a senior member of the team.
- The role will predominantly be office based from the Wright Vigar Nottingham office address.
- General office duties such as booking in client records and archiving of old files will also form part of the role.
ATT Level 4 The ATT syllabus follows a modular structure, which consists of two core certificate papers and four optional certificate papers, allowing you to specialise in your own area of interest or expertise.
- Personal Taxation
- Business Compliance
- Corporation Taxation
- Inheritance Tax, Trusts & Estates
- Value Added Tax Computer-based exams
- Professional Responsibilities and Ethics
The Apprenticeship standard details the essential Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours that somebody would need to demonstrate to be successful in this job role, this includes, Business Awareness, Ethics, Communication, Leadership, Planning and Prioritisation and Problem Solving. Apprentices will need to show they are competent in all the areas detailed in the standard when they take End Point Assessment.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The company is both an ATT and CTA training office and can offer progression onto these qualifications to the right candidate. Opportunities exist for progression to more senior roles in the firm.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
A Level or equivalent 3 x A-Levels (Grade A-C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent math (Grade 9/A*-4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9/A*-4/C) Essential Things to consider
Holidays/Pension/Benefits: 22 days initial holiday allocation with flexi options available to 'buy' a further week. Holidays increase over time to include a maximum of a further 5 holidays as the trainee progresses through the role. Company pension scheme is available post probationary period. Wright Vigar has an extensive flexible benefits package, including a hybrid working policy, access to healthcare and other options. Full details will be discussed at the interview stage. Free on-road parking available. The office is well located next to a major bus route from Nottingham City Centre.