The Lincolnshire Community and Voluntary Service (LCVS) Area Officer team help communities bring about social change, support people into volunteering and help local people have a voice.
As a Community Development Apprentice, you will work with individuals and whole communities, empowering them to:
- Identify their assets, needs, opportunities enabling them to create change
- Plan what they want to achieve and take appropriate action
- Develop activities and services to generate aspiration and confidence
You will do this by working with the Area Officers to act as a link to all our communities and our local authorities and partner organisations.
As a Community Development Apprentice you will need to:
- Work on projects tackling specific issues (e.g. health and wellbeing, supporting people in to volunteering and community outreach)
- Seek to actively engage communities in making sense of the issues that affect their lives, ensuring that local people have their say
- Support community groups to set goals for improvement and respond to problems and needs through empowerment and active participation
- Map community assets using the Asset Based Community Development model (ABCD)
- Build and maintain links with other groups and agencies
- Help to raise public awareness on issues relevant to the community
- Work with Area Officers to liaise with interested groups and individuals to identify gaps and help develop resources
- Plan, attend and coordinate meetings and events
- Provide information to the Area Officer team on trends, gaps and best practice
- To work in cooperation with other team members adhering to all LCVS policies and procedures
- Participate in regular supervision and appraisal meetings with their line manager
- Carry out general administrative duties
- The specific responsibilities of this job description are not restrictive and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other duties as required
As part of this role you will be expected to work to an approved apprenticeship standard identified by LCVS.
Working Hours - 30 hours a week
On this apprenticeship you will be working towards completing your businesss administration apprenticeship level 3 qualifcation.