What will the apprentice be doing?
Key Responsibility Areas
· You will be required to regularly attend University.
· Learn skills and develop knowledge in engineering process & practices; analytical methods; regulatory and quality requirements; systems design and integration & test
· Develop business behaviours in communication, interpersonal skills, planning, leadership and professional commitment
· Practice the full engineering lifecycle to become a professional Systems Engineer
· Working to timescales
· Work as a contributory engineering team member.
· Undertake day-to-day engineering activities with some guidance and support.
· Ask for support where appropriate and learn from more experienced team members.
· Contribute to engineering team decisions and understand why such decisions are made and their relationship to project success criteria.
· Explore new experiences and opportunities to learn within the engineering environment.
· You will be assigned a Mentor to support your journey to achieving professional status and invited to attend group based events, which will provide you with an opportunity to network with your peers and share best practice.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will study with one of our academic partners for completion of a Level 6 Bachelor Honours Degree (BEng) through a mixture of work-based learning and attendance at University. This Apprenticeship aligns with the current edition of the UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC) at Incorporated Engineering (IEng) and Embedded Electronics & Systems Design standards (ST0151).
You will be working for a company at the cutting edge of technology, as well as enhancing your skills and business acumen, opening up your horizons to the diverse and dynamic ways to apply your academic learning in a practical environment. We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We need people who understand the importance of our customers and are ready to commit to working in the business, whilst also committing to a 4-year degree programme. At the end of the programme, you will work as a highly qualified member of our Systems Engineering community involved in a variety of world leading products.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At the end of the programme, you will work as a highly qualified member of our Systems Engineering community involved in a variety of world leading products.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
GCSE or equivalent Maths, English & Science plus 2 others (Grade 4-9) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths and Physics or Technology subject (Grade BCC) Essential
Things to consider
Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as "SC") for our business which includes having a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.