- Prepare, cook and present food in accordance with brand standards
- Lead the team in delivering an excellent guest experience
- Training and development of the team
- Stock control and ordering
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness
- Adhere to safety and hygiene regulations at all times
- Helping organise kitchen team shifts
What we look for in a Kitchen Team Leader:
- To train and develop the team
- Great team-player
- To work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Engage with the wider front of house team
- A great eye for detail
- Committed to completing your apprenticeship
- Ability to confidently lead the team
What your apprenticeship includes:
- A mixture of face to face and skype/phone catch ups every 4 - 6 weeks
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and Maths (if you don't already have GCSE)
- 30 hours paid work every week
BENEFITS FOR M&B STAFF
- Love eating out? You'll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands. Whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery, we've got you covered.
- Never a dull moment - fun, laughs and lifelong friends!
- Funded qualification up to degree level
- Charity is important to us. From the company charities to the one which is close to your heart; you can choose how to give something back.
- Enjoy a 33% discount off a cosy stay at our Inn Keepers Lodges.
- On top of all this, we offer a pension; 28 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts; and we even give you free shares!
At Mitchells and Butlers, you will be working towards a Senior Production Chef Level 3 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.