Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 26 locations.
Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors.
And our unique approachable culture is not an added extra, it's fundamental to our success.
You will have the chance to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete a L3 IT AWS Cloud Support Specialist Apprenticeship.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Provide telephone, email and remote access support to users of IT systems across multiple international sites within established and strict SLA's & KPI's.
- Maintain timely and quality Incident closure, aiming for first-time fixes where possible and escalation to next level where required.
- Ensure client satisfaction with timely communications and updates.
- Ensure full and correct information is collected and entered into incident record.
- Ensure that IT solutions are relevant to the business need and developed to meet end user requirements.
- Help with the dissemination of skills and knowledge throughout the Technology Services team and actively collaborate with other members of the IT team to distribute workload effectively.
- Create and maintain knowledge documentation for implemented resolutions.
- Understand and adopt the principles of acting as a professional service provider to ensure a consistent standard of support to customers, which will be measured through feedback.
- Contribute to the continuous review and improvement of IT Services team processes.
- Keep up with advances in technology, new software and hardware in order to serve as an advisor to clients and other employees.
- Monitor Incidents to identify frequently arising issues and assist in the delivery of user coaching to resolve these.
- Manage own workload and incident queue whilst monitoring the main ServiceDesk queue for new incidents and requests, ensuring all calls are kept up to date.
- Understand the responsibilities associated with working in a regulated environment and adhering to SRA obligations.
- Understand information security and data protection initiatives and regulations.
- Understand and demonstrate a full understanding of information security and data security policies, best practices, and implications.
What we are looking for:
- Strong customer service ethic and demonstrable customer service skills, committed to delivering an exceptional standard of service
- Able to work autonomously and to schedule own resource appropriately
- Understanding of the implications of failing to provide outstanding service, especially in a Law Firm
- Should be able to demonstrate good problem-solving technique using a sound logical approach, and ability to research using all means available
- Focussed on and able to work to or exceed agreed Service Levels
- Willing and able to be flexible in working practices
- Willing to travel to other sites should it be required
- Creative thinker skilled at solving problems for users
- Good time keeping and flexibility of hours should the job require it
- Strong team player committed to assisting colleagues wherever necessary to maximise the effectiveness of the entire IT department
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
£18,100 per annum.
- Car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work
- Reduced gym membership
- Holiday buying scheme
- More information can be sent on perks once the candidate is successful
Whilst a permanent role isn't guaranteed, many of our apprentices have gone on to find permanent roles within Osborne Clarke.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.