Totrain is one of the UK's leading training and e-learning companies, providing a range of services to clients in food industry, manufacturing & process sectors, timber industries & many more. We’ve been developing and delivering top quality training solutions for the food industry for more than 25 years.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete a Level 3 Software Development Technician Apprenticeship.
You will be part of a dynamic team that maintains and supports company and customer websites and cloud-based learning management systems (LMS).
The role / duties:
You will be working with the totrain team on all stages of the development life cycle from requirements, development, design, installation, maintenance and support of WordPress websites and LMS covering:
- Re-building internal and external websites to run more efficiently
- Updating the design and branding of websites as and when required
- Manage deployment of new solutions and updates to existing solutions
- Resolving issues raised by customers via a support ticket system
- Working with external developers to implement additional features requested by customers
- Daily admin tasks
What we are looking for:
Technical skills required:
- A basic understanding of html, CSS and PHP
- General understanding of WordPress and databases
- Technically minded with the ability to understand client requirements
Personnel skills required:
- You must be self-motivated, methodical and have a keen eye for detail
- You will be solution driven with a flexible and enthusiastic approach to learning new technologies
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the business
- Good time management skills
- An interest in the creative side of web design would be desirable
- 5 GCSE’s [especially English, Mathematics and a science or technology subject]
- Other relevant qualifications and experience
- Or an aptitude test with a focus on IT skills
You must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject.
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
£12,000 - £15,000 per annum, depending on experience. There will be a pay review after 6 months and again upon completion of apprenticeship.
You will be working a routine 34 hours per week, Monday - Thursday, 9am - 5pm, and on Friday from 9am - 4pm.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.