Core objective of the role
- Ruffer are looking to hire an enthusiastic School Leaver Investment Operations Trainee that will initially work in one of the teams in the Operations department. There will be the opportunity to rotate between various teams and gain valuable experience.
- We will support obtaining relevant professional qualifications related to the role and industry to further your development. All sponsored tuition fees will be fully funded by Ruffer on top of your salary. You will initially be hired on a two-year contract, and this will be extended to a permanent contract if you are successful in the role.
Role summary - key tasks
Key responsibilities will include:
- Setting up new clients on the system.
- Client amendments to static data.
- Trade processing.
- Central Trade Management (CTM) – trade matching.
- Dividend Processing -UK and foreign markets.
- Client Reporting.
- Data Governance.
- Stock reconciliations.
- Proving support and cover to all teams in Operations.
Who can apply? Qualifications and experience
- Achieved or on track for at least 120 UCAS points/BBB grades at A Level or equivalent.
- Minimum grade of 5 or ‘B’ for both Maths and English GCSE.
Skills and capabilities
The individual is expected to demonstrate the following when working with our colleagues, clients and suppliers:
- Good communication skills (both written and oral).
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Driven and flexible in working practices.
- Ability to work independently, with others as part of a team and external 3rd-parties.
- Exercises judgement and clarity of thought - comfortable with uncertainty, and able to craft a path through it.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Enjoy and able to work in an open plan environment.
Values and Behaviours
- Appreciation of, and alignment to the Ruffer standards and values.
- Ethical – knowing (and demonstrating through day-to-day role) what is right, fair, honest and relevant to clients.
- Respectful of others and good self-awareness.
- Self-motivation, curious and propensity for continuous development and improvement.