What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will work under the supervision of several professional consultants on the delivery of construction and engineering projects for a variety of clients, to help achieve their objectives and improve the quality of life for their customers. Typical tasks and activities include:
· Review project schedules to assess their integrity and practicality for delivering projects on time.
· Support the development and structure of project cost plans and monitor the expenditure of actual costs against budget.
· Collate, analyse and report on cost, schedule and risk performance data, utilising digital toolsets to efficiently visualise and communicate insights for project teams.
· Review technical design drawings and management plans to understand the scope and constraints of a project and support scope change control procedures.
· Undertake on the job training on a range of industry leading tools and procedures, and, along with the learning from their part-time degree course, apply these skills to ongoing project activities.What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This programme will see you obtain a Level 6 in Project Controls with our training provider, London Metropolitan College
- The apprentice will complete the apprenticeship fully trained and qualified
- They will then undertake further career paths in Arcadis to progress onto larger projects, lead teams etc
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9 or A- C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9 or A-C) Essential
A Level or equivalent English (Grade A-C) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C) Essential