Aircraft Maintenance Glasgow Apprentice
- British Airways
- Glasgow Airport, Paisley
- Closing date
- 21 Dec 2022
- Engineering & Aerospace, Supply Chain & Transport
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 24 months+
Duration: 3 Years
Location: Glasgow Airport
Application Closing Date: 21st December 2022
Start Date: August 2023
British Airways Maintenance Glasgow (BAMG) carries out heavy maintenance on the British Airways shorthaul fleet of Airbus A319/A320/A321 aircraft within a two-bay hangar based at Glasgow International Airport.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to become the future talent in aircraft engineering. The Apprenticeship is a three-year programme with direct entry to British Airways Engineering, aimed at developing you to become a professional Aircraft Engineer and assist in the delivery of an outstanding engineering operation. The programme is crafted to give you a broad understanding of the Engineering Operation whilst gaining the qualifications you need to become a future Aircraft Mechanic.
We are looking for five National 5’s at grades A – C (or equivalent) which must include English, any Science subject and Maths. We do accept predicted grades, but they must be achieved by the apprenticeship start date. You'll need to be a strong communicator with an awareness for safety, a self-starter with the ability to adapt to change. Above all, a genuine passion for engineering and aviation is a must.
You are ineligible for the Apprenticeship if you hold, or are due to achieve, any of the following qualifications (please look out for experienced Engineer roles on our team instead).
- A C&G / SVQ level 3 qualification in Aircraft Maintenance.
- An HNC/HND or degree in Engineering.
- Any EASA Part 66 A or B license modules.
What's in it for you?
Looking to join our apprenticeship scheme? You won't be disappointed. Recently being ranked #28 in the School Leavers Top UK Employers, we can't wait to welcome you into the British Airways family.
We have many benefits for apprentices at British Airways, here are a handful to showcase the diversity of our apprentice community:
- Increase in salary after you have completed the first year of your apprenticeship, if completed in line with your development objectives
- Part of our apprentice network and community, with the opportunity to engage with apprentices from all schemes in the business and learn from former apprentices
- Involvement in our bold sustainability vision, volunteering an active role to champion specific community groups including LGBTQ+ 'Flying Proud' and ethnic minority network 'BeMe'
- Involvement in Community Investment programmes, taking part in fundraising challenges for partnership charities, supporting causes close to your heart
- Volunteering in schools and colleges sharing personal experiences to inspire, empower and mentor students and support their potential to gain employment in the industry we love
- Access to heavily discounted flights to globe trot, and a generous annual leave entitlement to turn your bucket list into reality
Further Information & Next Steps
We are delighted you are considering applying! To apply, you will need to use the link below which will direct you to the Apprenticeship Scotland website to complete your application. Please note, the initial application and assessment centres will be handled by our training partner, The TELL Organisation.
At British Airways, we take huge pride in our past – but we’re looking to the future as an airline that loves embracing the best of modern Britain. Our country’s creativity, diversity, style, wit and warmth are the same special qualities that make us who we are. Now, we’re looking to build on this spirit and passion to make tomorrow even better. If you’re made the same way as us, discover how great it feels to connect Britain with the world, and the world with Britain like no one else.
We have a number of opportunities available for students, including apprenticeships, work experience and careers events. Visit our website for more details.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert