Commis Chef Apprentice
- Lifetime Training
- £20k per year
- Closing date
- 29 Dec 2022
- Hospitality & Travel
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Intermediate
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
As a Commis Chef Apprentice at Genting Casino - Resorts World Birmingham you will be working towards the Production Chef Apprenticeship Level 2 over the duration of 15 months. The role will be based in the Meeting & Events kitchen catering for private dining, with occasional work in the World Bar kitchen.
Your roles and responsibilities will include;
- Assisting with the smooth running of the kitchen preparation areas.
- Assisting in food production.
- Assisting in producing menu ideas.
- Maintain the kitchen work areas in accordance with HACCP regulations.
- Storing away all crockery, cutlery and glassware and handling all with great care.
- Making sure that all kitchen equipment like food mixers, fridges, and cookers are in great working order.
- Reporting any faulty equipment to the kitchen manager.
- Keeping the storerooms well stocked and organised at all times.
Genting Casinos offer some great benefits to their employees that include;
- Online discount portal.
- A range of 'flexible benefits' that you can pick and choose from such as; extra holiday purchase, dental insurance, critical illness cover and travel insurance.
- Health Cash Plan - money back every year on medical bills such as dentist, opticians, physiotherapy and more!
- Numerous discounts across Resorts World Birmingham and the NEC Campus.
- Discounted on-site gym membership open 24/7.
- Discounted bus and rail passes with National Express.
- Free on-site parking.
- Annual inflation pay rise on 1st of January.
Plus many, many more!!
Lifetime provides award-winning apprenticeship programmes and expert strategy advice. We are specialists in delivering apprenticeships across the Business Services, Management, Health and Social Care, Early Years, Active Leisure, Hospitality and Retail sectors between levels 2 to 5. We’ve developed through organic growth and strategic acquisitions over the last 25 years to become the UK's largest national provider of apprenticeships. We support over 20,000 learners a year, using our extensive knowledge and robust resource. Our team of over 1,000 employees ensures that we provide high quality, national coverage. Lifetime's Head Office houses our Operations 'Support Hub', while our delivery teams of Regional Trainers, English and maths Tutors, Area Managers, and Quality Improvement Coaches are field-based throughout the UK. This ensures that we can offer nationwide coverage with local delivery.
- 0333 014 3669
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert