As a Commis Chef Apprentice at Genting Casino - Resorts World Birmingham you will be working towards the Production Chef Apprenticeship Level 2 over the duration of 15 months. The role will be based in the Meeting & Events kitchen catering for private dining, with occasional work in the World Bar kitchen.
Your roles and responsibilities will include;
- Assisting with the smooth running of the kitchen preparation areas.
- Assisting in food production.
- Assisting in producing menu ideas.
- Maintain the kitchen work areas in accordance with HACCP regulations.
- Storing away all crockery, cutlery and glassware and handling all with great care.
- Making sure that all kitchen equipment like food mixers, fridges, and cookers are in great working order.
- Reporting any faulty equipment to the kitchen manager.
- Keeping the storerooms well stocked and organised at all times.
Genting Casinos offer some great benefits to their employees that include;
- Online discount portal.
- A range of 'flexible benefits' that you can pick and choose from such as; extra holiday purchase, dental insurance, critical illness cover and travel insurance.
- Health Cash Plan - money back every year on medical bills such as dentist, opticians, physiotherapy and more!
- Numerous discounts across Resorts World Birmingham and the NEC Campus.
- Discounted on-site gym membership open 24/7.
- Discounted bus and rail passes with National Express.
- Free on-site parking.
- Annual inflation pay rise on 1st of January.
Plus many, many more!!