GardX International Ltd. (https://www.gardx.co.uk/) was established in 2003, with our head office based in Southbourne, Hampshire, UK.
GardX International have a very diverse portfolio that are split into 3 clear business divisions:
- Vehicle Protection and Aftermarket Solutions (GardX Protect)
- Insurance Products (GardX Assure)
- Digital Solutions (Fuel Digital)
At present we have over 3,000 active Automotive Dealers operating worldwide, including UK, Central & Eastern Europe, Middle East, US, South & Central America, Australia, New Zealand, Russia and India.
With an ambitious growth strategy, the company is looking to attract best-in-class talent to help drive, deliver and accelerate their objectives.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
In this role, the individual would be responsible for the development and maintenance of a standardised suite of business reports (Sales, Marketing, Leads, Operations, Financials) across the entire GardX Group.
The apprentice would also need to manage and continually develop the GardX Insights & Analytics platform.
This would entail: Maintenance & Hygiene, Reports / Dashboard Creation and Data Visualization.
Main tasks and key accountabilities/responsibilities:
- Provide objective and transparent analysis of data, using proven methodologies to identify areas for improvement and opportunities
- Creation of a full suite of performance dashboards with clear insights for easy business interruption (this if for our internal performance as well as client’s performance)
- Monthly reporting scorecards – sales, marketing, operations, performance
- Extract/generate periodic customized/standard reports as required
- Synthesize information from various sources / partners i.e. CRM (workbooks), Google Analytics 360, Hubspot, Igard, XL to prepare reports as required
Insights Platform Development/ Support
- Create and continually develop the GardX Insights Portal
- Work with Sub Businesses on the adoption and usage of the platform
- Develop new delivery channels (such as mobile app) for the insight’s platform
- Work with agency partners to continually evolve the platform and digest new data sources where required
- Website and Marketing Analytics
- Prepare and analyse various reports to monitor effectiveness of targeted direct marketing programs vs website performance
- Track and monitor all marketing campaigns and develop campaign ROI
- Report on Media performance with insights on areas of improvement
- Analysing online user behaviour, conversion data and customer journeys, funnel analysis and multi-channel attribution
- Performing analyse on conversion optimisation and develop conversion optimisation strategies based on solid analytical data
- Understand and champion the use of audience insights data and how to get the best from it, making recommendations for future activity
Customer and Competition Analytics
- Develop audience demographics and profile segmentation recommendations for use in CRM marketing campaigns, including Behavioural Modelling
- Work with key agency partners to implement a data driven attribution modelling and media mix modelling
- Perform competitor and trend analysis to understand key market trends, SOV and future positioning recommendations
What we are looking for:
Experience, knowledge and experience:
- Able to build strong relationship skills (as will be required to interact with different internal sub business units)
- Highly analytical with the ability and knowledge analytical tools
- Excellent data management and problem-solving skills
Advantageous but not essential:
- Experience is tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Data Studio & Alteryx
- Experience in using tools/ applications for data manipulation, analysis and charting
- Understanding of digital marketing reporting technologies and processes
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Hard-working and adaptable
- Level 3 qualification (apprenticeship/A-levels/BTEC, etc)
- OR equivalent work experience (typically two years in a relevant role)
- 5 GCSEs, including English and Maths at Grade 4 (C) or above
- Experience with using Excel and Microsoft products (or similar)
Please see the programme guide for full entry requirements.
£18,000 - £22,000 per annum. --- depending on experience.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.
Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.