Who you’ll be working for:
Blackspot Networks is a service provider supplying broadband solutions to large corporations, businesses and end users across the UK. Our vision is to provide our customers with excellent solutions to their technology problems, delivering a friendly, efficient and hassle-free service that exceeds their expectations.
What’s in it for you:
As a QA apprentice, you’ll gain on-the-job experience, earn a salary and receive all your training at no cost to you. With our career progression pathways, you can take your learning as far as you want – all the way from a Level 3 apprenticeship to a Bachelor or Masters degree, completely debt-free.
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
You will be responsible for:
- Reporting directly to the Operations Director
- Leading the configuration and deployment of new hardware (IoT)
- Supporting the team in best practice implementation as well as providing coordination, planning and support to the directors
- Servicing and resolving incidents within our predetermined Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Remotely troubleshooting our clients of fixed location and vehicle mobile internet routers through our RMS platform(s)
- Monitoring, fault finding and resolving support queries
You will need the following skills:
- Good communication skills (able to answer phone calls, have personal skills and not afraid of speaking to customers to support the equipment and support the SLA)
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Some knowledge or experience of IT (even if self taught, at home)
- Interest in how things work, inquisitive and problem solver
- Driving licence (as our office is not on a bus route)
- Any knowledge of mobile technologies and/or equipment (niche, but nice to have!)
- Any knowledge of networking
- Any knowledge of routers
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
37.5 hours per week
Possibility of moving up through the business and continuing full time.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.