What will the apprentice be doing?
Your key tasks will be to safely carry out preventive and reactive maintenance and process improvement in order to minimise production machinery downtime.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include the following:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- To work safely at all times complying with and using (safe systems of work using permit systems, method statement, dynamic risk assessments)
- To efficiently and effectively fault find/diagnose technical/process issues
- To coordinate and cooperate with production supervision on a day-to-day basis to ensure smooth running of plant and equipment
- To resolve breakdown issues with minimal impact to production
- To identify process and equipment improvement opportunities (maintenance schedules and equipment capability/reliability)
- To complete all maintenance activities on time as planned
- To be flexible in attendance to complete activities
- To follow instructions provided by site management/supervisors
- To maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times
- To be a proactive team member
- Improving technical skills and knowledge at all times
- IT literate and be able to complete shift reports detailing all relevant information to ensure continuation and/or review of repair
- Some overtime working is expected
- To have fabrication/welding skills
You will complete a Level 4 Standard Engineering Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship If you do not already hold GCSEs at grade A-C/8-4 in English, maths, and ICT you will complete functional skills in the related subjects to attain Level 2.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Gain permanent full-time employment.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Team working, Positive & proactive attitude, Motivated, Confident, Flexible, Desire to learn and develop Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4/C or above) Desired Things to consider
How do you intend to travel to work and college? What attracts you to a career in Engineering? (Driving license is desirable as the role involves transportation to numerous sites)