About the apprenticeship
1. Prepare materials and equipment for practical lessons in workshops and classrooms.
2. Ensure that technology rooms and equipment are kept safe, organised, clean and tidy and safety regulations are met.
3. Ensure that equipment is kept clean and that a deep clean is undertaken when required.
4. Monitor the servicing of all machinery in the workshops.
5. Inform (and if required arrange) for the regular safety inspections of all machinery and equipment.
6. Assist with the completion of Risk Assessments and the implementation of the Health and Safety policy. Keep records of all risk assessments and certificates up to date.
7. Draw up and maintain an inventory of equipment and stock.
8. Print, scan, photocopy and laminate and mount teaching and learning resources and pupil's work.
9. Assist staff in preparing classroom and corridor displays.
10. Ensure faculty first aid boxes are kept up-to-date and stocked.
11. Attend regular team meetings and briefings with faculty and whole staff.
12. Participate in training and performance development as required.
13. Work with small groups of students on practical tasks.
1. Experience with CAD software, 3D Printers and/or lasercutters would be desirable (some training could be provided if necessary).
2. Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel is desirable (some training could be provided if necessary).
3. Excellent communication skills and ability to build effective working relationships with staff and pupils.
4.Having a polite, friendly and flexible approach to work.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.
GCSE or Equivalent
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Achieve More Training Ltd
Training provider course:
STL Level 2
About the employer
Ysgol Y Grango
Ysgol Y Grango
Vinegar Hill, Rhosllanerchrugog
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.