About the apprenticeship
• Monitor the inbound telephone system, directing enquiries to the appropriate person where necessary in a friendly, welcoming and helpful manner.
• Provide administrative support around Human Resources tasks.
• Provide administrative support to senior leaders within the organisation, covering a variety of business-related topics.
• Provide administrative support with Social Media channels for the organisation and senior leaders.
• Show a desire to develop new skills within the workplace
• Always demonstrate professionalism
• Be able to work as part of a team
• Be dedicated, conscientious and reliable
• Be able to travel daily to the advertised workplace location
• Demonstrate a ‘can do, will do' attitude.
• Have strong IT skills and be confident using Microsoft applications.
• Be hardworking and honest
• Possess good communication skills.
• Be able to work independently and show a strong use of initiative.
English - A-D (Essential)
Business Studies BTEC (Preferred)
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Training provider course:
Business Administration Level 3
About the employer
Suite 3, Raglan House
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
Telephone Interview and 2nd Face to Face Interview.