Level 3 Information Communications Technician
About the company:
Pentest People are a UK-based security consultancy focusing on bringing the benefits of Penetration Testing as a Service (PTaaS) to all its clients.
This new position within Pentest People will be working alongside the Internal Systems Consultant who is responsible for all systems, software, maintenance, customer care alongside other duties. The IT Support Apprentice will support the Internal Systems Consultant with these tasks alongside supporting with Asset Management, PC setup, new and exciting projects and daily IT Support.
The job is fast paced has different challenges everyday working alongside members of staff who will push and challenge you to become an amazing First Line Support IT Apprentice.
Within Pentest People you will have the opportunity to learn new skills, perform talks, attend conferences and have amazing personal development. Working alongside Penetration Testers you will also have the opportunity to shadow first class consultants and gain skills nowhere else could offer.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Supporting the Internal Systems Consultant. Auditing physical assets. Supporting in the running and maintenance of software, applications and physical assets. Client Support - first line. Internal support for staff members ranging in technical capability. Supporting ticketing systems. Data processing. Script/Coding.
- Networking. Other Duties.
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Math’s)
• A-Levels/B-Tec A*-C or equivalent desirable.
- Natural aptitude to technology and computing. Clear speaker. Excellent customer service skills. Excellent level of written English. Excellent attitude to learning. Excellent attitude to work. Coding experience (desirable not required).
- Attention to detail. Excellent time keeping. Ability to meet deadlines. Aptitude to learning. Ability to be pushed out of your comfort zone.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position and developer your skills in many areas to broaden your horizons.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage. Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components. Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards. Support the information systems needs for your business.