Block Solutions are an IT innovation business, offering expert consultancy, business transformation and managed services that empower clients to do great things.
They're passionate and enthusiastic about what they do and use their expertise along with their technical capability work in partnership with clients to help increase productivity, accelerate growth and deliver outstanding user experiences through technology and service propositions.
The Business Operations Assistant is an office-based role that enjoys a wide and varied workload across Sales Support, Finance & Commercial and Data teams. From processing orders with our suppliers through to invoicing our clients, the Business Operations Assistant will be an integral part of the wider team building a depth of knowledge in the inner workings of the organisation.
This role interacts with a wide range of stakeholders including colleagues, managers, clients and suppliers. Teamwork and collaboration is crucial part of this role, working effectively to deliver an excellent experience for all stakeholders.
- Accurately inputting new sales opportunity data in our key sales systems; SAP and Hubspot
- Making sure that data is kept up to data and well cleansed
- Creating and distributing client quotes in an efficient and timely manner
- Creating basic deal registrations with our vendors through their portals
- Requesting pricing from our suppliers
- Checking when orders will be delivered so that we know when to invoice
- Supporting the team in recording all financial transactions
- Processing orders, raising supplier purchase orders and issuing invoices
- Helping to manage supplier credit control and preparing supplier payment runs
- Helping to prepare monthly supplier reconciliations
- Helping to manage the central finance inbox
- Supporting the management of monthly expenses
Updating information in our operational systems – KeyedIn, SAP, HubSpot. For example:
- Creating project codes
- Creating part codes
As well as:
- Uploading of purchase orders and expense costs to our project management system
- Working with third party suppliers to manage new joiners and leavers access for operational systems
- Supporting data analysts with with data quality checks to ensure data in our systems is accurate
- Supporting analysts with running key regular reports for Managers and Senior Leadership team (e.g. Invoicing, Orders In, Sales Pipeline)
- Providing SAP assistance to the wider team
- Opportunity to learn and develop skills in SQL, Power BI and MS Excel
Desirable skills & Personal qualities:
- A strong interest in and passion for technology and data
- Business skills including effective communication and teamwork
- More than a team player! Someone that loves to get involved, help others and support the team
- Results focused and methodical investigator with great attention to detail
- Able to work under direction and follow instruction
- Great communicator; clear, confident, and articulate
- Good standard of verbal and written communication capability
- Helpful attitude with the ability to collaborate well with others
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
£16,000 per annum.
There is potentially a full-time role to be gained once you have successfully completed the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.