Markel Welcome to Markel, we are a specialist insurer with offices across the world, our international business is located throughout UK, Europe, Canada and Asia Pacific. We help our customers manage life’s most complex risks, so should the worst happen they have the support to move forwards.
We strive for better in everything we do, since our humble beginnings in 1930 we have grown to an organisation with thousands of employees worldwide.
What is the role?
An exciting apprenticeship opportunity has come up to join Markel International’s Digital Marketing team. The successful candidate will be an integral team member and will be given exposure to a wide range of marketing projects. The Marketing team is a varied and diverse department with a consort of knowledge and expertise in their field, and they are looking for an individual with a drive and passion to be part of their team. The mission of the marketing department is to assist Markel International by promoting services to current and potential clients.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Work across a wide range of marketing channels, whilst simultaneously supporting and bringing an organic approach to the SEO platform.
- Manage website content, create new pages and amend data.
- Source appropriate images to support and help generate more attraction towards the website.
- Create posts on a wide variety of social platforms and engage directly with their audience.
- Manage email campaigns with the ultimate aim to improve the company's workflow.
- Support customer research projects and assist with any administrative and marketing related tasks.
- Study towards a credible Level 3 Digital Marketing qualification.
- Attend regular check-ins to review performance so that you have every opportunity to progress and gain more autonomy within your role.
Why you should apply
- You will be supported by a friendly and welcoming team with an extensive amount of knowledge in the industry.
- Your development doesn’t just stop after your programme. Markel are committed to you and your career and so you’ll continue to be supported through training and further qualifications as you continue to progress at Markel.
- Markel encourages career development by offering 1-1 mentorship to help employees reach their personal targets.
- Competitive starting salary with an excellent package - including; private medical insurance, your own financial coach, hybrid work structure, gym discounts, cycle-to-work scheme, motor breakdown cover, income protection and additional countless benefits that will be shared at the first stage of the process!
Who can apply?
- Inquisitive school leavers who are curious about the insurance world.
- Creative individuals with a digital mindset looking to enhance their skillset and knowledge across the marketing field.
- Patient, proactive, resilient and hard-working school leavers who are eager to learn from experienced peers.
- Strong team players with excellent interpersonal skills who are able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Organised and dedicated school leavers who can self-manage their workload and study effectively to ensure they see results.
- Displays clarity of thought, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- IT literate individuals familiar with using Microsoft office packages such as Word and Excel.
- Achieved or is on track for at least 3 A Levels Grade C or above (or equivalent qualification).
- Achieved GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 or C or above (or equivalent qualification).