Apprentice Support Worker
- Lifetime Training
- £319.20 - 319.20 per week
- Closing date
- 23 Dec 2022
- Health & Social Care
- Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals & Science
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Intermediate
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
As an Apprentice Support Worker, you will be working towards an Adult Care Worker Level 2 over the duration of 18 months.
You will be providing opportunities for service users to engage in occupational, vocational, and recreational activities to encourage individuality and informed choice, carry out assigned tasks involving service users care, and enable each service user to develop strategies to support their individual needs.
Your daily roles and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting colleagues in maintaining a consistent and high standard of care, working as part of a professional team - reporting safeguarding concerns to the manager when required and following the direction of senior staff.
- Contribute to a happy home where service users can live as independently as their disability allows - ensuring individuality and dignity are maintained.
- Offer practical support and encouragement when meeting service users physical needs ensuring the highest standards of care.
- Appreciate the emotional and psychological needs of all service users, assisting them in the development of appropriate coping strategies regarding day-to-day problems and long-term plans.
- Participate in each service users' daily structure of organised therapeutic, social, occupational, and recreational activities and encourage users to grasp wider opportunities for physical and mental self-fulfilment.
- Respect the confidential nature of all information concerning each service user and ensure the Dolphin Homes Fundamental Standards are always adhered to.
- Collect data and maintain records regarding all programmes and guidelines.
- Attend all meetings and training as required (these may sometimes be away from the home; however, you will be reimbursed for reasonable expenses.)
- Be aware of hygiene, first aid, fire precautions and how to respond in an emergency.
- Assist with the preparation, serving and cleaning away of meals, as well as encouraging service users (within their capabilities.)
- Assist in the administration of medication.
- Undertake household tasks as required.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by management and maintain flexibility when supporting the home by occasionally covering extra hours.
Due to the location of this home, it will be beneficial that you have your own mode of transport.
Lifetime provides award-winning apprenticeship programmes and expert strategy advice. We are specialists in delivering apprenticeships across the Business Services, Management, Health and Social Care, Early Years, Active Leisure, Hospitality and Retail sectors between levels 2 to 5. We’ve developed through organic growth and strategic acquisitions over the last 25 years to become the UK's largest national provider of apprenticeships. We support over 20,000 learners a year, using our extensive knowledge and robust resource. Our team of over 1,000 employees ensures that we provide high quality, national coverage. Lifetime's Head Office houses our Operations 'Support Hub', while our delivery teams of Regional Trainers, English and maths Tutors, Area Managers, and Quality Improvement Coaches are field-based throughout the UK. This ensures that we can offer nationwide coverage with local delivery.
- 0333 014 3669
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert