Junior Technical Engineer Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- S63 9NF, Rotherham
- £12,000 per annum.
- Closing date
- 1 Jan 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
IT Desk is a multi-award-winning business and has been established since 2006 supporting businesses throughout South Yorkshire and beyond.
Our role is to keep our client’s IT infrastructure operation and secure at all times.
We a committed to delivering excellence in customer service to our customers.
We are looking for new talent to join our ever-growing team, as a junior helpdesk engineer, you will be the first point of contact for all support tickets logged. You will be able to work well within a team and be able to work on your own and you will be confident in communicating via the phone, chat, or email.
- Manage your own diary
- Manage tickets assigned to you
- Report to the Team Leader
- Monitor own SLA
- Liaise with customers
- Take inbound calls for support
- Assign tickets raised for support via email
- Attend any training necessary
- Meet KPI’s
What we are looking for:
- Windows desktop repair and configuration
- Basic TCP/IP knowledge and an understanding of networking
- Able to log tickets onto the helpdesk system and take detailed notes in relation to a fault.
- Provide assistance with other engineers
- Hardware skills – able to rebuild desktops/laptops and reinstall operating systems
- Able to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Experience with using Microsoft 365 is preferable.
- Good time management skills
- Self-organization and the ability to be self-motivated in ticket management
- An excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally,
- Good IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets,
- A professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting customers/clients,
- Initiative and good decision-making skills with the ability to work to deadlines.
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Monday to Friday,
9am - 5:30pm,
37.5hrs a week.
£12,000 per annum.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert